Step back in time to the early Enlightenment Salons of the U.S. Transhumanist Party, originally hosted in person by Chairman Gennady Stolyarov II. This stream combines the majority of the Fourth and Fifth Enlightenment Salons from 2018, discussing subjects such as how to advance transhumanism, technologies to aid the disabled, long-lived organisms, scientific insights on longevity and health, artificial intelligence in politics, and privacy.
Fourth Enlightenment Salon - July 8, 2018
During his Fourth Enlightenment Salon, Gennady Stolyarov II, Chairman of the U.S. Transhumanist Party, invited John Murrieta, Bobby Ridge, and Dr. Bill Andrews for an extensive discussion about transhumanist advocacy, science, health, politics, and related subjects.
They addressed how today’s technologies to assist the disabled are already transhumanist in their effects, and how technologies already in development can liberate humans from disability altogether. John Murrieta’s story is one of transhumanism literally saving a life – and one of the most inspiring examples of how transhumanism translates into human well-being now and in the future.
Other subjects addressed included:
- Why genetically modified organisms (GMOs) are mostly good for you, and most negative perceptions of GMOs should really just be directed at the corporate practices of one company but not genetic modification as a whole.
- What technologies are already aiding the disabled and dramatically extending their capabilities in daily life.
- The role of genetics in longevity and the future of somatic genome editing.
- What the scientific evidence suggests regarding the impact of caloric restriction in humans and other primates.
- CBD and cannabinoids: separating the evidence from the marketing.
- Sierra Sciences' history of testing over a million compounds for effects on telomerase induction.
- Why artificial sweeteners also should not be maligned, and there is no scientific evidence of their harms.
- What is the desired role of artificial intelligence in politics?
- Are democracy and transhumanism compatible?
- What are the ways in which voting and political decision-making can be improved relative to today’s disastrous two-party system?
- What are the policy implications of the development of artificial intelligence and its impact on the economy?
- What are the areas of life that need to be separated and protected from politics altogether?
Fifth Enlightenment Salon – October 13, 2018
In the spirit of the Age of Enlightenment and its furtherance today, Gennady Stolyarov II, Bill Andrews, James Kohagen, Bobby Ridge, and John Murrieta met for the fifth interdisciplinary discussion – hosted by Mr. Stolyarov – on science, culture, education, advocacy, and policy. Subjects discussed included the following:
- Advances in epidural stimulation for treating and overcoming spinal-cord injuries
- Long-lived organisms and their similarities and dissimilarities to humans
- How animal experiments can become more humane
- How contemporary science still has far to go to accumulate even fairly basic information about certain organisms
- How the study of lifespans can be included in educational curricula starting at early childhood
- Whether privacy will remain in a more technologically interconnected future
Visit the website of the U.S. Transhumanist Party: https://transhumanist-party.org/
Join the U.S. Transhumanist Party for free, no matter where you reside by filling out an application form that takes less than a minute: https://transhumanist-party.org/membership
#USTranshumanistParty #EnlightenmentSalon #VirtualEnlightenmentSalon #LifeExtension #Transhumanism #CuringAging