U.S. Transhumanist Party Virtual Enlightenment Salon
Hereditary Religion & the Dangers of Religious Indoctrination - 01.22.23
Episode 18 • 1h 56m
On January 22, 2023, the U.S. Transhumanist Party invites panelists to discuss the dangers of religious indoctrination of children and the importance of freethought and allowing children and young adults the option to decide for themselves how to approach religion, if at all. The USTP Officers will converse with five distinguished guests from the freethought movement.
- Dr. Lawrence Krauss – Particle physicist, cosmologist, bestselling author, lecturer, President of The Origins Project Foundation, and host of The Origins Podcast.
- Armin Navabi – Author and podcaster, ex-Muslim atheist, founder of the online freethought community Atheist Republic, author of “Why There Is No God: Simple Responses to 20 Common Arguments for the Existence of God”
- Dr. Valerie Tarico – Psychologist, writer, social commentator on religious fundamentalism, author of “Trusting Doubt: A Former Evangelical Looks at Old Beliefs in a New Light”
- Andrea Dailey – Medical technician who has spoken of her experiences growing up in a religious cult and escaping that environment
- Dr. David Orenstein – Professor and department chairperson at CUNY Medgar Evers College, national and international speaker on issues related to the freethought movement, the American Humanist Association’s representative to the United Nations, co-author of “Godless Grace: How Nonbelievers are Making the World Safer, Richer and Kinder”
This conversation is hosted in accordance with the U.S. Transhumanist Party’s support of freethought and the rights of children, as expressed in the USTP Platform: https://transhumanist-party.org/platform/
Section XXIII: The United States Transhumanist Party supports the rights of children to exercise liberty in proportion to their rational faculties and capacity for autonomous judgment. In particular, the United States Transhumanist Party strongly opposes all forms of bullying, child abuse, and censorship of intellectual self-development by children and teenagers.
Section XXV: The United States Transhumanist Party welcomes both religious and non-religious individuals who support life extension and emerging technologies. The United States Transhumanist Party recognizes that some religious individuals and interpretations may be receptive to technological progress and, if so, are valuable allies to the transhumanist movement. On the other hand, the United States Transhumanist Party is also opposed to any interpretation of a religious doctrine that results in the rejection of reason, censorship, violation of individual rights, suppression of technological advancement, and attempts to impose religious belief by force and/or by legal compulsion.
Join the U.S. Transhumanist Party for free, no matter where you reside: https://transhumanist-party.org/membership/
#USTranshumanistParty #VirtualEnlightenmentSalon #HereditaryReligion #Atheism #ReligiousIndoctrination #Freethought #Freethinking #USTP
Up Next in 2023
Ian Hale - 01.15.23
On Sunday, January 15, 2023, at 1 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time, the U.S. Transhumanist Party invites Ian Hale, PhD, to discuss a wide variety of his research endeavors – from his study of pandemics throughout history and his anticipations regarding the future course of the COVID pandemic, to his work o...
Nonso Nolly - 01.08.23
On Sunday, January 8, 2023, at 1 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time, the U.S. Transhumanist Party invites the young, self-taught Nigerian inventor Nonso Nolly to discuss his creations, including a Smart Stick that can help the visually impaired to navigate their surroundings, as well as his work with robots,...
Rational Philosophy, Objective Morali...
On Sunday, January 1, 2023, at 1 p.m. U.S. Pacific Time, watch this stream of classic presentations by Gennady Stolyarov II from 2011-2015 on the importance of rational philosophy and why empirical science cannot wholly substitute for it, the secular foundations of objective morality, and the cas...